Regional Meeting on Numbers
April 26-27, 2014
The SouthEastern Regional Meeting on Numbers (SERMON) is a
series of conferences in number theory held annually at colleges and universities
in South Carolina and neighboring states.
It is held in coordination with PANTS, a
similar conference held twice in the fall of every year. The core members of the PANTS consortium
are Clemson University and the University
of South Carolina.
We are grateful
for support from the National Science Foundation, the National Security Agency,
the Provost’s Office at Wofford College,
and the Mathematics Department
at Wofford College.
- Leo Goldmakher, University
of Toronto, Bounds on the least quadratic
- Steven J. Miller, Williams College, From Sato-Tate distributions to low-lying zeros
Graduate Student Invited Speaker
- Nathan McNew, Dartmouth College, Some unconventional results in multiplicative combinatorial number
Currently registered participants.
If you plan to attend, please
email Tom Wright. Be
sure to include:
- Your name and affiliation.
- Your preferred email address.
- Your web site, if you would like to have a link to your page from
the on-line list of participants.
There is no registration fee, thanks to support
from Wofford College.
for requesting support is
available, and copies will be available at the conference too. Please complete
the form and submit it with your receipts at the conference, or shortly
thereafter. Note that you must register
as a vendor with Clemson University before payments can be processed.
Please complete this registration before submitting for your reimbursement.
Details appear on the form.
Travel, Parking, and Conference Location
- Wofford College is located 60 miles southwest of downtown Charlotte
and 30 miles northeast of Greenville, SC. The campus is located just off of
the I-85 Business Loop; it is about a mile south of Exit 4 off of I-85BL.
- The closest airports are Charlotte Douglas International Airport
(CLT), which is one hour away, and Greenville-Spartanburg Airport (GSP),
which is 30 minutes away. Of
the two, Greenville likely has more options for ground transportation to
- Campus map and directions.
Since the conference will be held on a weekend, all parking spots should
be available, but lots P1, P2, P4, and the gravel lot 38 are closest to
- Conference talks will be held in the Olin Building, which is
building number 2 on the map above.
If you plan to
request support, please share accommodations so that we can make the best use
of grant funding.
Coffee and Dining
- There is a coffee shop in the Campus Life Building (which is 13 on
the map above) and another one in the Milliken Science Center (17 on the
- Dining and other things in Spartanburg.
April 14, 2014.